Country Roads of Puglia & the Neapolitan Riviera (Summer 2019)
- Alberobello: Learn the history and taste for yourself the amazing structure, flavour and body of Apulian wine.
- Alberobello: After embracing the town as its natives do, you are welcomed into the home of a local for a freshly prepared meal, typical of the region. Dine with the family and learn more about their life.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy's best loved songs.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Rome: The magnificent Kolbe Hotel traces its origins to a 15th century convent. After a skillful restoration, today it is a luxury hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Alberobello: The Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Alberobello Led by a Local Expert, explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site showcasing the Trulli of Alberobello. Circular structures with conical roofs that are domed within, built from local limestone and stacked without using mortar.
- Alberobello: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Matera: With your Local Expert, visit the famous Sassi or cave dwellings, which were home to approximately 20,000 people until 1950 and are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise by hydrofoil to this famous isle through beautiful blue Mediterranean waters to meet your Local Expert.
- Isle of Capri: Explore Capri town with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios. Take a moment to enjoy a refreshing granita, a local specialty.
- Isle of Capri: In the style of the jet-set, descend to the port by open-top taxi.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and take in the views as you travel past the Apennine Mountains, along the Sorrento cliff top road, Capri corniche and Amalfi Coast.