Classical Sri Lanka (Summer 2018)
- Negombo: Join your Travelling Concierge and get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- Nuwara Eliya: In the evening walk through the tea plantations and reach the home of a tea plucker to experience the lifestyle. The culinary experience is completely different to that of general Sri Lankan cuisine as the origin is from south of India. Visit a local school and a Hindu temple in the village. Dine with the locals as you experience village life as it is today.
- Colombo: Your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner features the best of Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 4 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinner with Wine (DW). 22 Dec includes an additional Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Harbarana.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Negombo: Relax after your flight, at the fantastic beach-side Jetwing Beach. With spacious guest rooms and wonderful facilities, including a large outdoor pool and spa. This is a great place to start your holiday.
- Habarana: Offering bungalow-style rooms surrounded by greenery, Habarana Village is a perfect location to explore the Cultural Triangle. The hotel features an outdoor pool and facilities for tennis, volleyball and badminton.
- Kandy: Situated along the banks of Mahaweli River, Mahaweli Reach Hotel offers 5-star accommodation with rolling mountains as a backdrop. It features a large outdoor pool, Ayurvedic centre and fitness facilities.
- Colombo: Lakeside Colombo sits in the heart of Colombo, nestled between a lake and the bustling city, creating the perfect, urban getaway.
Top Rated Highlights
- Dambulla: Visit the local market and meet the local stall holders.
- Kandy: Visit the Sacred Tooth Relic Temple and in the evening, witness a traditional dance performance.
- Nuwara Eliya: Walk through the tea plantations and reach the home of a tea plucker to experience the lifestyle. The culinary experience is completely different to that of general Sri Lankan cuisine as the origin is from south of India. Visit a local school and a Hindu temple in the village. Dine with the locals as you experience village life as it is today.
- Kandy: Enjoy a wonderful evening in Rahju’s company at his wonderful hilltop cottage overlooking the Hunas range and receive insider access to his private studio. Discuss art, mysticism, religion, and the cosmos with him over a cup of tea and let him show you how his work has been influenced by these themes and how it has evolved over the years. Enjoy a private viewing of Rahju’s magnificent paintings. Enjoy a cup of tea at his studio and discuss his unique perspectives on life.